Council of Europe: Latest News
The Autumn session of the General Assembly of the Conference of INGOs took place on 4-5 October in hybrid format, with 30 representatives of committees present in the meeting room in Strasbourg and the rest of the Conference Members connecting online.
Highlights of the session include:
- The address by Council of Europe Secretary General Marija Pejčinović Burić
- Discussion and adoption of the three-year strategic plan of the Conference of INGOs – the plan was adopted and will be the framework for CINGO work for the next three years, more in line with CoE priorities
- Political debate with representatives of the CoE Member States in particular the Chairs of the two CM Rapporteur Groups in relation to the exchanges with civil society organised in the implementation of the Helsinki decisions.
- Discussion on the situation of civil society in member States of the Council of Europe with particular focus on education and the situation in Poland.
- Presentation and vote on proposals for new committees – decision to set up a new committee on gender equality and discussion on two proposals for an education and culture committee and another on implementation of ECtHR judgments.
For more news from the Council of Europe, please see the full latest newsletter available shortly Here.
Tags: Council of Europe